Over 50% Of Voters Believe What About Trump?

Gage Skidmore from Peoria, AZ, United States of America, CC BY-SA 2.0 , via Wikimedia Commons

(FixThisNation.com) – A new Harvard CAPS-Harris survey has found that over half of American voters believe that former President Donald Trump needs to be convicted for the crimes he has committed. 

The findings of the poll were shared with the Hill and showed that 55 percent of surveyed voters believe that Trump has committed crimes. This comes following the start of the New York criminal trial against former President Donald Trump. 

The poll also found that 53 percent believe that the legal cases brought forward against Trump made it “impossible” for him to be considered a viable presidential candidate even if he campaigned for another four years. However, 57 percent of respondents also argued that the legal prosecution of Trump was “lawfare” and it was an attempt by the Democrats to use the legal system against one of their political opponents. 

Still, 43 percent of respondents believed that the cases against Trump were unpolitical and fair. 

Out of all the respondents, only 49 percent believed that Trump had committed crimes for which he could end up being convicted, while the remaining 51 percent stated that he would not be convicted. 

Trump’s trial in Manhattan for falsifying business records in relation to a hush money payment made to adult film star Stormy Daniels on his behalf by former fixer Michael Cohen has started. Around 51 percent of those asked argued that the hush money case was happening because Trump deserved to be punished for the crimes he committed, while 49 percent argued that it was an attempt by officials to get him out of the race.

Copyright 2024, FixThisNation.com