Effective January 1, 2023
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT. We collect the following categories of information about you when you visit and use our Website or participate in our Surveys or other promotions:
(a) Personal Information. Is information that can be used to identify you. This may include your name, address, telephone number(s), mobile numbers and email address, employment status or other unique information you provide to us during the registration process, through our online surveys or through the course of communicating with us about the products and services provided on our Website.
(b) Demographic Information. Is information that may or may not be unique to you in the sense that it refers to selected population characteristics. Such information includes, but is not limited to, zip code, mobile phone carrier, age, gender, salary range, education, marital status, occupation, military service, industry of employment, personal and online interests. When we can identify you personally, through the use of this information, it becomes Personal Information.
(c) Behavioral Information. Is information which is automatically collected when you use our Website through technology on our website. This includes the areas of our Website that you visit, what services or products you access or order, information about your computer hardware and software, including your IP address, geographic location, browser preference, operating system type, domain names, times that you access the internet, and other websites you have visited. When we can identify you personally, through the use of this information, it becomes Personal Information.
(d) Third-Party Information. Is information about you that we acquire from a third-party which may include personal, demographic, and behavioral information. This includes, but not limited to, first party cookies, third-party cookies, anonymous cookies, persistent identifiers, email opt-in records and search engine keywords. We may or may not have access or control over these cookies and other tracking devices as some are used by third-parties including advertisers and networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers or social networks and platforms. We have no responsibility or liability for the policies and practices of third-parties. When we can identify you personally, through the use of this information, it becomes Personal Information.
(f) No Information Collected from Children. We will never knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected Personal Information about a child under the age of 16, that information will be immediately deleted from its database. Because it does not collect such information, we have no such information to use or to disclose to third-parties.
2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION THROUGH TECHNOLOGY. Generally, we as well as third-party vendors, networks, ISP(s) and supporting advertisers, use technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and java scripts. These technologies collect internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. This information is used to analyze trends, administer our Website, track users’ movements through our Website and gather demographic information about our user base, as a whole. We may receive reports or logs based on these technologies on an individual or aggregated basis. California residents have the right to know if we respond to do not track signals or cookies. We do not respond to such signals or cookies.
(d) Web Beacons. We use electronic images known as Web Beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs, clear gifs, or action tags) which allow us to collect information about your visit to our Website, measure and improve the effectiveness of advertisements and track delivery of advertising. Web Beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time, and date of page view, as well as a description of the page on which the Web Beacon resides. We may also use Web beacons in email messages sent to you. This allows us to determine if you opened or acted upon the email message. Because Web beacons are the same as any other content request, you cannot opt-out or refuse them. However, they can be rendered ineffective by either opting-out of cookies or changing the cookie setup in your browser.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED.
(a) Providing Services and Products. We use the information we gather on our Website to provide you with the services and or products you have requested. This may include passing your information on to a third-party to provide such services or products. We do not control the privacy practices of third-parties. If you have any questions or wish to remove your information from the third-party databases, you will need to contact that party directly.
(b) Improving Our Website. We use the information we gather to respond to any inquiries you make, to operate and improve the functionality of our Website, and deliver the products and services advertised on our Website. We use the same for testing, research, analysis and product or marketing development. Our services include the display of personalized products, content, and advertising, relating to your experience and interests. This includes maintaining and improving the safety, security and integrity of our Website, databases, and technology assets.
(c) Promotions and Communications with You. We use the information we gather to promote our and third-party services and products to you that might be of interest to you. Other parties will use the information we gather to provide you with their services and products. We also use the information we have gathered to respond to your inquiries, concerns, or requests. If your request is made through a third-party, we may use the information to respond to their requests.
4. DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION TO OTHERS.
(a) Product and Service Delivery. All information, including the personal information, may be used for any purpose we deem appropriate and may be given or disclosed to our affiliates, partners, vendors, advertisers, licensees and third-parties. You agree that when you disclose personal information (name, email address, zip code) on or in connection with your use of our Website, Survey’s or promotions, such information can be monitored, collected used and shared by us or others and may result in unsolicited messages from other users or third-parties.
(b) Website Functionality. We share all categories of information set out in this policy with third-party Service Providers we employ to perform technical or analytical functions on our behalf. Examples include third-parties who host our Website, analyze our data, provide marketing assistance, and provide customer service.
(d) Anonymized information. We share aggregated anonymous information about you, combined with Service Providers and other third-party vendors and clients for their analysis, promotion, and marketing. This includes demographic information and behavioral information.
(e) Legal Process. We disclose your information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion, pursuant to a request from a governmental entity, or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property, or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
(f) Acquisition or Merger. We may disclose and transfer your information to a third-party who acquires any or all of our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In the event we become the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, we or our liquidator, administrator, receiver, or administrative receiver may sell, license, or otherwise dispose of, such information in a transaction approved by the court.
5. THIRD-PARTY COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION.
(a) Third-parties collect and use information about you on or through our Website in the following way:
(i.) Advertisers. Advertising agencies, advertising networks, and other companies who place ads on our Website, may use their own cookies, Web beacons, and other technology, to collect information about you. We do not control the use of such technology and have no responsibility for the use of such technology to gather information about you.
(ii.) Hyperlinks. Our Website and email messages sometimes contain hypertext links to websites owned by third-parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other websites. These links are provided for your convenience and reference only. We do not operate or control any information, software, products, or services, available on these third-party websites. The inclusion of a link on our Website does not imply any endorsement of the services, products or website, or its sponsoring organization.
(iii.) Analytics. As described above, we use Service Providers to monitor, analyze and report on the traffic to, from and within our Website and email messages.
(iv.) Disclaimer. Our Website offers links to other websites, including links embedded in advertisements and links to various news sources not under our control. These other websites may have information policies and practices different from ours. In addition, certain companies associated with our Website have their own privacy policies. We do not own or control such companies and websites and are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of websites.
(b) Storage and Security of Information. We use reasonable industry-accepted technology and controls to protect your information and data from disclosure to unauthorized third-parties. Although these measures are typically effective, use of the Internet and related computer systems is inherently vulnerable to unauthorized access. No guarantee can be given that all information you provide to us will not be accessed by unauthorized persons. Thus, please note that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Any transmission of data to use or through our Website is at your own risk.
(d) Opting Out. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive email marketing information or newsletters from us, simply click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
6. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS’ RIGHTS.
CALIFORNIA CCPA AND CPRA NOTICE
Effective Date: January 1, 2023
Information We Collect.
As set forth in our primary policy, we collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“personal information”).
We have collected the following categories of personal information within the last 12 months as defined in the CCPA:
- Identifiers. First and Last Name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address.
- Personal Information. First and Last Name, address, telephone number, credit card or debit card, when purchases are made.
- Commercial Information. Records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered and history or tendencies toward products and services or response to advertising.
- Internet or other similar network activity. Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data. Through collection of your IP, we collect your general location, upon requesting services, or product we collect your physical address.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information. From information we collect as set forth herein and information provided by third-parties, we are able to profile a general understanding of your preferences, characteristics, and personal preferences to determine what ads or products or services you may be interested in receiving.
- Highly Sensitive Information. We do not collect highly sensitive information nor do we share the same.
Use of Personal Information.
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, payments, and prevent fraud.
- Customer support and to respond to inquiries, including to investigate and address concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website or advertising experience and to deliver content, product, and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email. We also use this information for targeted advertising through Google.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products, services, databases, other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information.
We may disclose your personal information to a service provider, as set out in our primary policy. When we disclose personal information for this purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Otherwise, we share and or sell as the terms are defined in the CCPA and CPRA your personal information with the following categories of third-parties: service providers, third-party vendors, and clients, our affiliated companies.
Your Rights and Choices.
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to and Correction of Specific Information and Data Portability Rights.
You have the right to request that we disclose and or correct certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third-parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- Sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information.
You have the right to opt-out of any sale of your Personal Information by us. If you are requesting a product or service, this is an exemption from this right, and we will process your request. However, you have the right to cease all further sale of your Personal Information. You may email us or use our web portal and fully fill out the request form.
Opt-Out Preference Signal (Global Privacy Control).
You may use an Opt-Out Preference Signal, such as the Global Privacy Control (“GPC”), to opt-out of the sale/sharing of your personal information. However, this technology and our use of it is not fully developed by the market. Our database containing your information may not be linked to your browser identification and because your request to opt-out of sale/sharing will be linked to your browser identifier only and not linked to any account or database information as the connection between your browser and our database is not known to us, we may not be able to fulfill this request.
If you would like us to make the connection between your browser and your account within our database, please email us or submit the requested form through our website portal below.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights.
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Email Us at: [email protected]
- Visiting our web portal: https://www.safesubscribe.org/request-form/?brandId=f27879741a854f0219538a56dfe2d3ab
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. The appointment must be in writing and presented by your agent. If your authorized agent requests sensitive information about you then we may ask you to provide us with a sworn declaration to further verify your identity.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
- You will be required to provide your full name, email address, and zip code.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by email unless you request, we mail the same to you and provide a current mailing address.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice.
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. The only notice to you will be our posting of the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date.